Yesterday was our first sunny day in a long stretch and it came at a great time as it was the annual US vs New Zealand rugby match. We performed quite well, and it was a gorgeous day. We still have not scored, but we came close!
I went to take a tour of the Oden, but was unable to wait. Here are some photos of the outside of the ship at least. This is the ice breaker I wrote about.
This one was taken the day it docked.
Since I was unable to wait for the tour I went to Hut Ridge and watched a penguin. It was so bright and sunny and with the reflection off the snow it was hard to see to take pictures so that's
why they seem grainy. There have been several groups of them the past two nights, but I've not been lucky enough to be there at the right time. No matter, one is better than none!
I was up on a ridge looking down at him, and every once in a while he would look up at me and squawk. I wonder if he was looking for his group? He eventually waddled & slid around the ridge and off onto the sea ice. It was pretty fun watching him move around, they are faster than you would think!
Ben is scheduled to come back early tomorrow morning (really late tonight) and I am looking very forward to his return.
Hope you all are well.
Gretchen
1 comment:
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment