As you all know, I've come to love this place. The lifestyle is simple, the people are like minded, the scenery is incredible, and the opportunities are great.
This year is different, I've not taken as many photos, I know more people, and I know the routines. I am anxiously waiting for my friends from last year to arrive & am looking forward to new memories. Sometimes I feel like I am walking along memory lane with occasional stops at "crime scenes" where especially interesting events took place. The first week or two were filled with these thoughts and now I am beginning to add to those memories. Not erase or replace them, but enhance them with new events and feelings.
I came back to McMurdo because I wasn't done making changes to my life. I want to be a positive person, a relaxed person who is confident everything will turn out just fine no matter the pressure. I made steps in the right direction last year and I want to use this season to cement those changes so when faced with "real world" situations & life in general I will be capable of being the person I want to be in whatever situation arises.
I hope you are all well and if I could say anything to you all it would be, go after your dreams. Don't wait.
Much love to you all, Gretchen
No comments:
Post a Comment