Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Store Life

My day to day life is a fair bit structured & routine. I no longer have to stock the bars in the afternoons, which is great. The only benefit doing that was that I could play music really, really loud because I was in a building no one else was in all by myself! So, now I am in the store full time.
I get to work at 0630 to open the doors at 0700. There are usually people lined up at the door so it's pretty busy until about 0730 when everyone has to be at work. It's fun working in the morning because I can see the night shift workers & chat with them.
We've been working on designing apparel for the 2010 vessel. Things need to be ordered now to make the vessel which will arrive in February 2010,. Things will be offloaded at the end of the summer season, then the winterovers go through everything & put on the shelves for the summer season 2010-11.

In the afternoons I stock the floor. It's crazy how quickly we run out of things. There are over 1000 people on station so things can go quickly.

Tuesdays is our warehouse day. We go down to another building called 157 cold storage & hunt through the huge boxes of things to re-stock the store room in the store. It is cold in there, often colder than outside. We usually grab at least 30 boxes of chips. The fun part is throwing them down 2 flights of stairs!

Thursday is booze delivery day. 5-6 pallets of beer, wine, & soda show up on our dock to be unloaded & stocked in the store. It's a good workout & I actually look forward to it.

Here's me in a tri-wall of soda. You can see the other 2 pallets of wine next to me.

This is what the store looks like partially stocked with beer. mmmm, beer...

So, things are good in the store. It's actually pretty busy trying to keep up with demand & being social all the time. I do cherish my day off & tend to stay away from 155 just to have some quiet time!

Hope you all are well.

Gretchen


No comments: