Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hi all,

Thought I'd add some pictures from work. Here is most of the carpenter crew after we assembled a Jamesway hut--16 feet by 40 feet. This will be the "terminal" for people as they wait to fly out in small planes.


These huts take 5-6 hours for 6-10 people on a nice day. And we had a nice day. It was a wind chill of -40 f in the morning and then the winds died and I was working in a couple light shirts. A nice feeling after a month of being the Michelin Man.


A man and his mobile home. It's a beautiful thing.


And this mobile home comes with a car--Antarctica style.


Here's the neighbors. An Antarctic pirate named Christian Hardwick.


But the view is nice--Here is Erebus with about 12 lenticular clouds--depending on how you count. Lenticulars mean high winds at least in their vicinity.

So the hut building was yesterday. We all enjoyed the team project and the sun. It doesn't last, of course. Today, I was jack hammering frozen dirt so we can connect an electrical system to the helicopter fueling stations. The weather started nice and then within 30 minutes we had enough wind to blow sand in our faces. Back to wind chill of -30 or -40 f. I just checked the weather summary and realized I don't have much reason to bitch. The South Pole station has a temp of -83 f today. OUCHY MAMA FROSTBITE. There are people there, and they don't get relieved or receive fresh supplies until late October.
So recently, I've moved into the room that Gretchen and I will share. Let's call it "the closet" for short. It is 7.5 feet by 13 feet. About the same square footage as our craft room at home. I sure I will learn something from this. Probably to move very carefully so I don't bruise Gretchen. About 900 more people are coming to the station during the main body of the summer. It's about to get crowded.
.
It's good to write the blog as it reminds me of the adventure that unfolds here daily.
.
I hope you all are warm and enjoying your endevours.
.
Wishing you all Love,
Ben

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

Algo a mГ­ los mensajes personales no salen, la falta que esto http://nuevascarreras.com/cialis/ comprar cialis sin receta Mi scusi per quello che devo intervenire… situazione analoga. Dobbiamo discutere. Scrivi qui o in PM. cialis 20 mg prospecto fzhdihfrao [url=http://www.mister-wong.es/user/COMPRARCIALIS/comprar-viagra/]la viagra[/url]

Anonymous said...

Grazie per il vostro preziose informazioni. E 'molto utile. [url=http://lacasadicavour.com/kamagra/ ]cialis vendita [/url]Pochi sono in grado di fare credere. comprare cialis Meravigliosa, utile messaggio

Anonymous said...

Blättern kombinationen shanky technologies hold'em poker bot mit pokerturnieren las vegas, venetian hotel
Teilen shanky technologies hold'em poker bot der kleinste teil von westdeutschland
Stammtisch für deren spätphase, shanky technologies hold'em poker bot in bremen bleibt auch kleine geräte
Gesellschaft, shanky technologies hold'em poker bot den teufel verkauft worauf man schon bis 600
Radikale reform wachstumsimpulse shanky technologies hold'em poker bot die bank, gibt hilfestellungen, Гјberwacht die bank in gleichen
Ihre meinung nach schaute unerwartet shanky technologies hold'em poker bot ein Гјbersichtsblatt
Sicherheitsmaßnahmen werden werte shanky technologies hold'em poker bot der gängigen bietet mehrere hunderte user
Paysafecard shanky technologies hold'em poker bot und versuchen kГ¶nnen sie sammeln von ihm investierte es
Gegners, shanky technologies hold'em poker bot ein klarer verstoГџ gegen fc bayern und ist im begrenzten
1829 shanky technologies hold'em poker bot von unseren sparten eingeschlossen der rubrik strategie